I made this card yesterday for a sick relative using my Silhouette Cameo cutting machine with the hope that the cheery flowers would brighten up her recovery room. The card folds up nicely for mailing. A tab cut in the bottom piece of paper helps the flower pot stand up. I will be making this card again for birthdays, get-well wishes or to cheer up my house.
I made a few mistakes in creating this card that I will try to remember to correct next time I make this card. First, thinking that bigger would be better I enlarged the design so that the card base took up a full sheet of paper. The resulting card was too tall to fit in any envelopes I had on hand. Another problem was that my green paper stems were not sturdy enough to hold up the flowers. This problem was easily remedied by cutting out another layer of sturdy white paper which I glued behind the green stems. The last mistake I made was waiting until I had glued the design together to tie some threads in the middle of the flowers.
Following are a few close-up pictures of the card and the supplies I used.
Paper: Basicgrey, Vivienne Gardenia